Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Google Analytics wont work… argh!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    LinCSS25
    Participant

Hey all! so here is my newly launched portfolio website. http://www.link-creative.com. It’s build on wordpress using a theme I heavily modified. Anyway I have used google analytics with WP before just fine. I have seriously tried every single method it gives for getting the tracking to work and I know it can take 24 hours to show stats etc but the tracking code checker keeps saying its not installed. I tried just the normal putting the code right before , using the best rated WP plugin for Analytics.. even the one where you put it in the function.php. I have done all these separately, combined them you name it. What could I be missing?

chrisburton
    Participant

@LinCSS25 Awesome, a fellow letterer.

Did you verify your site, first?

mattron
    Participant

It’s kinda hard to access the situation without seeing the code you’re using, or without going through the steps you’ve taken first-hand. I guess all I can suggest is to post the code, and maybe one of the smart web people that look at this (and are much more experienced with the tracking code than I am) will spot something minute that you’ve missed, or something.

I hate having issues with this, it’s so frustrating – so good luck, I hope you figure it out!

Also – I really like the site, and your lettering skills are sick!

LinCSS25
    Participant

Thanks! Here is what I did. as you see its in the header.php where it should be. http://i46.tinypic.com/ao9rh4.jpg

LinCSS25
    Participant

What do you mean by verify? I like.. set it up to have its own id with google. I have a google account and all that.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Just give a link to your site please.

LinCSS25
    Participant

well I was using a plugin AND put it in manually.. I just deleted that plugin. deleted my manual one.. and tried a new plugin and its STILL not working. UGH!! this is so frustrating. what could be wrong.

http://www.link-creative.com

LinCSS25
    Participant

ok its working! I see some stats and a plugin in FF says its there.. but the dumb tracking code checker in Google Analytics was still saying it didnt detect it. Thanks all!

LinCSS25
    Participant

now Im not so sure if its working… does it really take 24 hours to see stats? It only read a little from late last night but hasnt since. this plugin for Firefox that detects google analytics says its installed but then sometimes it says its not. most of the time it says it is.

LinCSS25
    Participant

what problems do you mean Crocodillion? what do you mean by check console?

ChrisP
    Participant

@LinCSS25, he means the JS error console on FF Firebug, are you receiving any scripting errors, that could prevent the tracking code from working?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.