Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Google Analytics event tracking and AnythingSlider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am looking for some clues on where to add Google Analytics Event Tracking to a page that has AnythingSlider installed. I have a slider that does not autoscroll and you have click the navigation buttons for the slides to move. I would also like to track if a visitor clicks on a link within a slide.

Mottie

I don’t have much experience with using Google Analytics but it shouldn’t interfere with the slider. Where is the code being added? Are you getting any errors? Which browser(s) has the problem?

As I said, don’t know/care about Google Analytics, so I couldn’t tell you how to track links inside the slide. If you don’t get a good answer here, maybe try asking the question over on Stack Overflow. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Bob

I think this should help you a bit: Event tracking guide

Thanks Mottie, thanks Bob. I am quite new to jQuery and I was hoping that someone had done this before. I was wishing to use Google’s InPage Analytics to track visitor click behavior and workout what items (images & phrases) catch the attention of the visitor in-order to make better lead funnels.
    I did try Event tracking guide from Google before posting here, but I was unsure where to pickup the navigation clicks from the slider.
    Thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.