Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Good PSD to practise slicing to HTML5/CSS3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yais

I’m a student and I’ve recently started to properly learn and get to grips with using the latest HTML5 and CSS3 standards when coding a layout from a PSD.

I still do need a lot of practise and was wondering if any of you guys could recommend a few PSDs (maybe for wordpress) which I can convert to HTML5/CSS3. Preferably, these will not be too complicated but still give me a chance to use the latest markup and CSS3 techniques.

willB

My suggestion is just to make one yourself, having no regard for what’s possible or not and then work on it, it’s what I did when I was learning and wanted practice. Another option that’s really fun is find a magazine that has some interesting layouts and try and recreate some of them with a web flair.
    The second option doesn’t lead to a whole lot of practical applied knowledge right away, but you can stumble across stuff that makes you go “woah”, and it’s fun as heck.

I agree with Will, I don’t know any resources that offer up PSD for you to convert, might be something on nettuts, but most have already converted layouts to code for people to download.
    Making your own will also give you practice in creating layouts for the web so might as well kill two birds with one stone. Will’s idea of working from a magazine layout is also really good, and something I remember doing when I was in school.

markthema3
    Participant

Here
    you
    go!
    (Three separate links, 25 psds in total.
    Now that I think about it, I’m gonna work on converting these too :P

Make your own, work on the details of the PSD as much as coding, then sell them on Themeforest. Turn your work into money.

markthema3
    Participant

Themeforest is a pain trying to get them to accept it if it isn’t a truely top notch design. I think OP just wants practice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.