Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Good E-Commerce CMS’s ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FahimDaDream
    Participant

Hey there everyone!
    I’m looking for a good FREE(or cheap) E-Commerce CMS. Foxy cart is an addon for WP so that doesn’t count.
    I’m familiar with PHP a tad bit, but if the CMS has a lot free themes or a good WYSIWYG editor that would be a plus.
    I’ve heard of OS-Commerce but that looks overwhelming, and the interface is not very good either… any suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance!

TeMc

Well…
    … depending on what language you speak,
    … depending on what country you’re from,
    … depending on what method(s) of paying you need,
    … depending on the neccecry product options (are there different options*),
    … depending on whether this is about downloads or real-live products (ie. stock control needed),
    … is it a product or a service ? Is 1 thumbnail enough ? Or more ?
    … and a lot more factors !

Depending on all that + more, personally I like WordPress + eShop plugin.

FahimDaDream
    Participant

… depending on what language you speak: English
    … depending on what country you’re from: Canada
    … depending on what method(s) of paying you need: Paypal, Credit Card, plus shipping through UPS
    … depending on the neccecry product options (are there different options*): Refurbished Computers, so like ram upgrades
    … depending on whether this is about downloads or real-live products (ie. stock control needed): Real Live products
    … is it a product or a service ? Is 1 thumbnail enough : Product, and 1 is enough
    … and a lot more factors !

Hope that gets you started !

Illogical

I would suggest to take a look at Prestashop. It’s not that hard to edit the styling of the webshop and it uses some fancy stuff to move items into the shopping basket. It includes alot of modules by default including Paypal, Creditcard and all kinds of statistic tools.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I have heard good things about these two:

http://www.zen-cart.com/
    http://www.oscommerce.com/

Apparently Zen-cart is newer, but still has an active community.

Honestly, I wasn’t very impressed with either… but they are pretty popular

Illogical

If you want freedom with styling of your website without having to install three or more add-ons, don’t go for osCommerce. I might be a wellused shop but the basic installation is 100% pure <table> styling and is really outdated. You need several add-ons which aren’t made by the osCommerce team itself to be able to slightly add in CSS. Unless you have alot of spare time and are willing to rewrite the complete HTML and PHP you can make it 100% CSS but I think it’s not worth it.

Zen is nice aswell, but also very basic and needs some add-ons to get a nice styling for the webshop.

That’s why I suggested to look at Prestashop, it uses some template files that allows you to easily edit the appearance and everything else is already styled quiet like most ‘web 2.0’ designs are.

And if you got a dedicated server or a very good and heavy shared hosting you can check out Magento, it’s a very powerful webshop system and just looks good by default.

-Finally my research to webshop systems comes in handy :roll: –

AshtonSanders
    Participant
    "Illogical" wrote:
    -Finally my research to webshop systems comes in handy :roll: –

Haha, well you convinced me… I’m downloading now ;).

btw, the link is: http://www.prestashop.com/

Edit: and you can test out the software here: http://php.opensourcecms.com/scripts/de … PrestaShop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.