Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Good aparence with dreamviwer, bad aparence with browsers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dapergu

Hi,
    I am new in that. I’m trying to perform my first web page with dreamviwer. After adjusting the padding and everything, I see that depending on the browser I use for see the webpage the links change their position and some special carachters in spanish are not shown properly. (in dreamviwer look fine)
    Sorry if this topyc has been already discussed in this forum. I’ve not found it.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dapergu
    my .css

h1 {
    font-size: 8em;
    margin-bottom: 0em;
    margin-left: 0.5em;
    margin-top: 0.25em;
    padding:0;
    font-family: algerian;
    text-align: center;
    letter-spacing: 0 em;
    line-height: 0.5em;
    text-align: left;
    }
    h2 {
    color: black;
    font-size: 2em;
    margin-left: 15em;
    margin-top: 0.75em;
    }
    #link1 {
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 2em;
    margin-left: 15em;
    margin-top: 20px;
    }
    #link2 {
    text-decoration: none;
    font-family: Trebuchet MS;
    font-size: 20px;
    margin-left: 1000px;
    margin-top: 10px;
    width: 100px;
    }
    #link1:hover {
    color: red;
    text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #000;
    font-weight: bold;
    }
    #link2:hover {
    color: red;
    text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #000;
    font-weight: bold;
    }
    #lin {
    margin-top: 50px;
    }
    #lin2 {
    margin-top: 50px;
    }

Paulie_D

Unfortunately, that’s not going to help.

Dreamweaver’s inbuilt browser is a VERY basic version of webkit and ‘actual’ individual browsers will have built in defaults that are often different from those found in DW.

The best advice I can give you is to use a reset css or normalise to ensure that things start as much the same as possible and then code based on the way it actually looks in the major browsers.

If you have a specific issue then you would have to provide either a live link or put the necessary HTML/CSS in Codepen

Paulie_D

You should also be aware that special characters may not show up unless you have specified a particular font family in your CSS that is native to most computers.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@dapergu,

There have been many heated debated about the overall use of DreamWeaver and i will not try to sway you away with it but i will add a very subjective outlook on “New to html/css” web designers/developers. I personally believe that DreamWeaver (for the new user) can create bad habits and lead to sloppy code. Why? Because DreamWeaver does everything for you whether its semantic or not.

But like @Paulie_D said, use a reset of sorts (Normalize.css). But i would suggest for you to use a text editor such as Sublime Text 2. If you work like this then just have your browser open on one half of your window and your text editor on the other half.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.