Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Going To Jail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    __
    Participant

And thus everyone says, “to hell with it,” and posts their lives to Facebook.

Better yet are those people who actually take the time to do it, and then log in to facebook.

chrisburton
    Participant

Better yet are those people who actually take the time to do it, and then log in to facebook.

Haha.

Sidenote: I always thought when deleting posts on FB that it would actually delete. Turns out, that data is still stored.

Erik
    Participant

I’m curious if after your delete.. not deactivate your profile how long they keep all your posts and information… most likely forever!

chrisburton
    Participant

most likely forever!

It’s still data they could potentially profit from so I don’t see why they would remove it.

nixnerd
    Participant

TOR hides the middle of your traffic.

Right… but all your ISP would know is that you connected to a Tor node right? They can’t track you session end to end.

Get a VPN.

This was my first suggestion. This helps for many things. People are getting around Netflix throttling with VPNs.

while TOR is good for day-to-day anonymity, it is wholly ineffective as a cover for illegal activities.

True story. There’s EXTENSIVE documentation on the fact that the NSA controls a TON of end-nodes. A lot of people don’t want to run them because they are fraught with legal implications. But… the NSA doesn’t give a damn about that. So, I would venture to say (only a guess) that they control more end-nodes than people think. There’s no way to know for certain though.

Recently, sellers have been imposing one-per-order rules as well. Come on, BB! step up production!

It really is a sad state of affairs.

nixnerd
    Participant

So what do you guys use these mini-machines (?) for?

Yeah, I’m building a remote trail cam for wildlife watching/weather monitoring purposes. RPI makes it easy as hell because they sell damn near ever accessory you need on Adafruit. PIR sensors, IR cameras, solar panels, etc.

I had the same question at first. But… once you realize the power of full-blown Linux on a computer the size of a credit card… the question becomes “What CAN’T you build?”

A VERY common project is DIY drones. People build those all the damn time.

It’s still data they could potentially profit from so I don’t see why they would remove it.

You guys should watch Morgan Spurlock’s show “Inside Man.” There’s an episode where he tries to get his info from a company. He never gets it… but he finds out some pretty interesting stuff.

@nkrisc
    Your comments are always very insightful and I enjoy reading them because you really seem to “get it.” There’s only one problem: There’s not enough of them.

nixnerd
    Participant

And I just have to throw this out there for posterity’s sake: If the NSA wants your stuff, believe me they will get it. You can do everything on @traq’s list (which is a very good list) AND have full disk encryption… and you’ll NEVER be totally safe. That’s not to say you shouldn’t do anything, but you need to operate knowing that’s the reality and conduct yourself accordingly.

Alen
    Participant

Quick what’s 2 + 2 x 2?

Erik
    Participant

but you need to operate knowing that’s the reality and conduct yourself accordingly.

Basically… be the little behaved slave we should be.

Erik
    Participant

Quick what’s 2 + 2 x 2?

You want the Common Core answer.. or the real answer?

chrisburton
    Participant

Quick what’s 2 + 2 x 2?

BEDMAS

Erik
    Participant

I super suck at math so…

chrisburton
    Participant

I super suck at math so…

Haha. What I posted wasn’t the answer, it’s how you find the correct answer.

__
    Participant

I found this one while looking up the first one

Erik
    Participant

I know.. BEDMAS helps remember an order of operations in algebra.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.