Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Getting x number of posts from each category – WP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    peirix

I’m building my first WordPress site, and The Loop is giving me a bit of a headache. I’ve read through the official document from WordPress, but nothing good came of it.

What I’m looking to do is get 4 posts from each category. I have an accordion-like layout, so each "tab" will show 4 posts from their respective category. So far I can only seem to show the 10 most recent posts, which isn’t any good, as I might do 5 posts in a row in one category, and so on…

Also, if you have any good hints on how I could go about doing the splitting of posts depending on their category, that would be helpful. Right now, I’m using jQuery to pick out posts with class of "category-catName", and moving them to the correct place.

Code:

Category 1 Header

Category 2 Header

Then getting all posts, picking out posts depening on their category, and placing them in their category-div, under the header.

mattvot
    Code:
    have_posts()) : $recent->the_post();?>

” rel=”bookmark”>

Code:
    cat=3

Category ID number

Code:
    showposts=

Number of posts to show

The rest of the code is optional

Just saw this post. The tricky thing is in a standard query_posts call you can only specify the max. number of posts to show, not the number of posts per category. To get around this we have to make a seperate query for each category.

The following snippet is an example:

Code:
    “;
    foreach ($categories as $category) {
    echo “

• Author
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.