Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS getting footer not to disappear behind the full screen background

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    drotar
    Participant

extremely smart peoples,
    i am designing my newest website which can be viewed at :
    http://www.thomasdrotardesign.com/new/

i am working with border around the entire website as well as backstretch for my background plate. the problem i am having is getting the footer to fall behind the border but not behind the background plate. I have tried all the z-index attempts with no success. perhaps your talented eyes can tell me what I am doing wrong. Appreciated in advance for taking the time.

codepen link is: http://codepen.io/drotars/pen/zoQvPL

drotar

Shikkediel
    Participant

Giving the “beams” a z-index: 2 seems to be working fine…

extremely smart peoples

I’ll see this as a gimmick, no person with any modesty would otherwise ever respond. Lol.

drotar
    Participant

what line of code are you referring to please? beams?

drotar
    Participant

never mind, got it top, bottom, left and right. thank you Shikkediel. fantastic work.

Shikkediel
    Participant

That would be the four white strips (probably a better word) across the sides:

#top, #bottom, #left, #right

I’m assuming that’s what you meant with the border.

Edit – a late response on my side. Cheers.

drotar
    Participant

perfect. now just trying to get the slide out menu to scroll and then i am on my way. thank you for your time, insight and effort.

Shikkediel
    Participant

No problem. For the nav menu you’d probably need to wrap it inside another element with overflow: auto and give the menu itself absolute positioning (fixed won’t ever work). Adapting the size of the menu to fit the screen would be a more intuitive UI though. Unless that’ll make the tap area too small of course.

Edit – striken a line, fixed will work for the wrapping element as long as it is given a specific height (smaller than the screen).

drotar
    Participant

any chance i could hire you to do this?

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’m not in a position where I can freely freelance unfortunately. But I can help out a bit here on the forum of course. I noticed the navigation itself already has position fixed as well. So this seems to pretty much lead to what you’d be after:

.drawer-nav {
      height: calc(100% - 30px);
      overflow-y: scroll;
      -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;
    }

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.