Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS getting a div on top of a div that has a picture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cinderella34

Hi,

Please help! This is driving me crazy….

I am fairly new to CSS and divs. I have built a whole index page using floating divs. The problem is, I need to get a div on top of a div that contains a picture. I have tried several things (insert after tag, insert after start of tag, z-index value of 5 px and -5 px) and it will insert the div, but throw the picture further down the page. I’ve also tried removing the pic from inside the first div, then creating the new div, then putting the pic back in. Doesn’t work.

See, I have an image on the right hand side of the page (a big photo) and I want to place a small Login box in the top right corner over top (it has to be created with divs and not just an image because I have PHP coding for the Login.)

Can anyone give me a step-by-step of how to make this happen? I can’t provide the code due to an agreement with my client. Can someone help anyway?

thanks.

cinderella34

actually, will an AP div work, and what problems may it cause considering the other divs are floating? I just tried it quickly, and it SEEMS to work OK in IE7 and Firefox…..

LadynRed

Just in case – z-index only works on positioned elements, using it on anything else is useless.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.