Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other General programming books

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kuzyo
    Participant

Hi guys.
    I started learn JS and I have a feeling that I start understand what goin on, but I think that I need to understand how works logic of different languages and how programmers solves problem. In one word – I looking for general books about programming(maybe, some goo introduction to computer science).
    Thanks for recommendation.

Kuzyo
    Participant

Thanks @trag. I saw this book, but was afraid that it can mess all what I know. Do you think it will be useful for my process of learning JS?

__
    Participant

Do you think it will be useful for my process of learning JS?

I don’t know – it was helpful for me, but everyone learns differently. Are you at a point where you think you’d be easily confused by looking at other languages? From your original question, I thought not, but you’ll have to answer that for yourself. If you start reading it and think you need to stop, just stop (you can read it free online, in fact).

For JS in particular, have you looked at Douglas Crockford’s writings / presentations? Javascript: the good parts is well worth watching.

Kuzyo
    Participant

I read Crockfods book from the start, but didn’t understand a lot, thanks for reminding. I will read his book again.

__
    Participant

watch the vids. He’s a great speaker.

drewwyatt
    Participant

Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software

I have had my eye on this for a while, have heard fantastic things about it. A little pricey though.

__
    Participant

Good stuff, to be sure – but it’s a quite technical read. Be prepared.

Many of the patterns are summarized elsewhere (tutorials, etc.) around the net. Choose from a list of the patterns and do a search.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.