Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Garage Menu Location

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Chris Coyier made it. It’s called garage door menu

tommer
    Participant

wd2b,

Thanks for the compliment, – – I’m pretty new at this, – – just stumbling and fumbling along mostly by trial and error (and some great help from the members of this site).

I’m not sure if your talking about the page I’m questioning here (with Chris’s garage door menu), – – which you can find more info on right here . . .

https://css-tricks.com/garage-door-style-menu/

Or the actual home page of my site

http://www.tr-built.com/

for which I used what’s called an ‘expando image script’ from here . . .

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/expandoimage.htm

wd2b

CWDesign and Tommer,

Thanks for the info. I am brand spanking new here and grateful to have found this community. Looks to be the perfect place to hang out with/at. Learning how to do design and have much much to learn yet. So your specific assistant and patient is much appreciated.

@Tommer
    , sorry for being unclear. Was referring specifically to your home page, not that your garage door menu isn’t impressive. Really appreciate your direct links to the demos. It is very important to see demo and then have to code to follow with while learning.

Are there other CSS based user forums that you are impressed at? Again, no that I don’t appreciate this place, but being so new to all these, just shoot in the dark. Thanks again, and looking forward to many great sharings here.
    Happy New Year.
    wd2b

tommer
    Participant

wd2b,

Maybe someone else has some suggestions, – – but to be perfectly honest, – – when I located this site several months ago, – – I never really searched for another.

You can get your questions answered here, and promptly, by some really knowledgable and helpful professionals and skilled amateurs alike, – – and you can try to follow even the threads that may not concern you at the present time to hone your future skills for later.

tommer
    Participant

OK, – – much appreciation to all for the help and suggestions above, – – it does appear that for whatever reason, – – the doors themselves are located about 50 pixels to the right of where I’m actually trying to locate them (apparently on my screen only). They seem to appear fine (and where they’re supposed to be located) in most other browsers.

So for now, – – I’ll just go with the flow and try to figure out the ‘inner’ problems as I go.

Here you can see (hopefully) the basics of what I’ve been trying to achieve. Don’t mind the ‘doubled-up’ pictures behind the doors, – – they’re just my leftovers from the smaller menu I practiced with.

http://www.tr-built.com/tipsntrix.htm

I’ll make the correct-sized pics once I figure out what’s even going there, – – and maybe I’ll add some flair to the doors to make them look somewhat more realistic.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

This is your best bet to start learning all web development coding. HERE

tommer
    Participant

OK, strange, I e-mailed a the link of the page to a friend (copied right out of my address bar), – – and when I double checked on my ‘sent mail’, – – and clicked that very link to my own page, – – it comes out perfectly correct.

And yet when I click the (very same) link that I posted above, the doors are all out of line.

What would make my ‘sent’ link read any different in my browser than the exact same link posted here, – – when it’s the exact same link??

Confusing . . .

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

try re-installing your browser

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.