Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Gap in the left side

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    triplebit
    Participant

Here is my landing page:
    http://triplebit.com/landingpages/?page_id=16

In the right side there is a gap and the gray background is missing there.
    Can someone fix it?
    Thx

Paulie_D

Sure…would you like to know my hourly rate?

See that Tips box over on the right side of the page —–>

Help us, help you make a Codepen.io demo.

triplebit
    Participant

Thx
    I uploaded it to codepen with SnappySnippet.
    I hope it’ll help to find the problem
    http://codepen.io/Triplebit/pen/jBMaZY

Beverleyh
    Participant

Hmmm, a 3500+ line CSS file, and almost 400 lines of HTML, is a bit overwhelming for any unpaid forum enthusiast to delve in to in their free time. But, you can help increase your chance of help if you reduce the demo dramatically.

Go through the process of removing all the superfluous CSS (and HTML) until just the problem elements exist. You can do this by systematically removing small, logical blocks one-by-one while checking the results between changes. The live update nature of CodePen is great for this. When you identify the element that affects/creates the gap, look at its CSS in more detail. If you go through this cutting-down exercise, 9 times out of 10 you’ll fix the problem yourself.

Unfortunately, knowing how time consuming this process can be, especially in an unfamiliar codebase of this size, will put many folks off trying to help. On the other hand, if do most of the elimination work for us, the leaner, lighter demo will be much more inviting for potential helpers to look-over and fix.

triplebit
    Participant

Thx Beverleyh for sharing your ideas. It really helps
    Regards

Shikkediel
    Participant

It’s the lack of definition on the background-size of the element #shef-molekulary, of which the style in placed on line 77 of the inlined CSS…

Figured this out by temporarily adding pointer-events: none to each layer I came across until I reached the relevant one by the way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.