Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Gamma Research redesign, would like some feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    meestevezaguado
    Participant

Hello friends, I made a redesign of the Gamma Research website and would like to hear some feedback if you have the time and the patience to do so. Don’t worry about being harsh if my design makes your eyes bleed, I have a thick skin ;-)

Old site: http://ific.uv.es/gamma/gamma-i/gamma-i.htm
    New site: http://meestevezaguado.byethost24.com/webs/w_gamma/index_en.php

Right now is just some sort of skeleton with lorem ipsum content. I wanted to make the design more clean and usable, it has a different header for each section but the rest of the design, menus, positioning, etc. should be consistent from page to page. I would like to know if you get lost at any moment, if it is hard to find what you want, if navigation is uncomfortable, and if the design breaks in any way when you browse it in your tablet or smartphone.

Green and violet are the colors of the “brand“, if we can call it so.

Thank you in advance!

meestevezaguado
    Participant

Also, is the font readable or does it hurt your eyes? It is Alegreya.

The site is not commercial, just a page to showcase the activities of the research group.

Cheers!

meestevezaguado
    Participant

Also, does anybody know how can I change my profile image?

I can’t find any link in my profile page. I’ve searched under “Edit”.

ckubs
    Participant

Dude, looked at your site and you have a cleaner approach than me and with less scripts.

It looks good but the image on the header looks dull, not too distinguishable and doesn’t do your site any justice. And for what you need I guess you could use a non-serif font.

The site is HTML or based on a script other than wordpress wich I’m used to? :)

ckubs
    Participant

Or if you prefer Serif you could also try Vollkorn :)

__
    Participant

I would put “Articles” and “Photos” closer to the top of the page, where they can draw more attention. Things like “collaborating groups”, “links”, and “member of” are supplemental information, which people normally expect to scroll down and find if they are interested.

I would also recommend choosing a single shade of green (adding a bit of noise, as in your BG, is good; the purple could use a noise pattern as well), and perhaps subduing both colors (they are a little bright now).

You might look at adding box- and text-shadows as well to make the whole thing stand out a little more. As it is, it looks fairly “trapped” in ten-years-ago land.

The font isn’t bad, but if you want to stick with it you’ll need to increase the font size. If not, then a sans-serif (or plainer serif) font, as ckubs suggested, would be a good idea.

Also, does anybody know how can I change my profile image?

Profile images are from gravatar.

ChecMark
    Participant

My instant reaction when the page loaded was this is a site for women, because of the colors. You say they are the “brand” colors, but I would still suggest using them minimalist. Try to find a complimentary color for the majority of the site.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.