Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Full width browser help. before I pull all my hair out!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JrlCreative

Basically I’m very very new to .css and HTML and I have been using Adobe Muse or word press to make sites and have been able to get by. Well I have been integrating a shopping cart system called Foxycart into one of my sites and I can not for the life of me get the header, shadow under the header and middle image (repeating pattern) to stretch across the screen. Adobe muse does this by using javascript, but when I cache my template for Foxycart the Javascript no longer works. Which is fine I would like to use .css to stretch the header and middle background anyway. The problem is I can not figure it out. I hate to ask for help but I have spent over two days trying to figure it out and still not luck. I specialize in graphics, so if anyone that helps me out needs anything photoshop’d or what not just let me know. For my own sanity to need to figure this out!

Code is cached by Foxycart located here: https://shavemate.foxycart.com/checkout.php

Thanks any help!

Participant

you are trying to get the body of https://shavemate.foxycart.com/checkout.php to be 100% of your browser correct?

JrlCreative

The header and also the middle area where the diagonal lines go. Just like this page: http://shavematerazors.com/media-and-press.html

Thanks!

Eric Gregoire
    Participant

The header and the other area are fixed at 1155px. Maybe you could make the header a background that repeats along X at the top and try another, lighter background color for the body. I tried setting the sections you wanted to be full-width to 100%, but there’s some conflict causing them to collapse. Sorry I can’t help more, the code it pretty cryptic WYSIWYG stuff and makes it hard to trace where issues are.

JrlCreative

Yeah I agree Boogie, I’m only using Adobe Muse because I’m not to the point where I could code a website myself. I have learned a great deal in the last couple days trying to get this thing to go full screen. But, it makes me feel some what better that it’s not as easy as I thought it would be. So I can have a separate background for the header and the body? I even made a full length pattern that repeated its self along x. The only issue was that when the checkout is there it’s dynamic and moves according to what options people need etc.

Thanks for the go at it, Still hopeful someone can figure this out. Still not sure why the Javascript is not functioning either.

JrlCreative

I can set the header manually, but the middle section will not stretch. If i fix the position it will stretch, but that won’t work for what I need.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.