Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Full Page Background

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

I can’t seem to get a full page background working that works in IE 8 and lower. I was following this article: https://css-tricks.com/perfect-full-page-background-image/

It doesn’t seem to resize properly in IE 8 and lower. Can anyone do a quick version?

TheDoc

CSS3 Progressive way supports IE9+. What are you using for IE8?

rajiv

hi noahgelman,

u can use this code, i think it will work for you:
    background: url(images/xyz-bg.jpg) no-repeat center bottom #fff;
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    background-size:100%;

noahgelman
    Participant

From what I read you can add a filter that will allow the image to scale right in IE8

-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='image-file-path.jpg', sizingMethod='scale')";
    filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='image-file-path.jpg', sizingMethod='scale');
    noahgelman
    Participant

@rajiv, thanks, but this only accounts for the width when scaling, it doesnt account for the height as well.

TheDoc

And you updated the path to your image for it? (I have to ask… haha)

Are you testing on a proper version of IE8 or through something like Adobe Labs?

noahgelman
    Participant

Lol, yeah, I updated the file path, I switch it to a filler before posting here. I am using IE8 via IE9. Do you think that might be the issue?

TheDoc

Hmmmmm. Perhaps, though I can’t be certain!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.