Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other From Noob to Pro !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    HadzovicE

Hello guys, how are you?

I am a new member of css-tricks and i enjoy learning from this website.I have some question for you and i hope i will get some response about my questions.
    1.What are the first steps in Web-development(software,pc, all that) ?
    2.There is lot to learn but what languages i need learn first (if you can make a entire list)?
    3.On what i should focus (what should be my first website )?
    4.Why did you become a Web-developer?

I am loving this and i really want to learn and maybe one day make the new facebook :P.
    I hope i will get a lot of replays it would help me a lot.I know people here are great persons and always ready to share knowledge and love.

Regrets,

HadzovicE

interesting,thank you for replay

HadzovicE

@Odd_E do you know a good book for php ?

noahgelman
    Participant

If you’re just starting out php is no good to you. You can’t use it if you don’t know html and css (at least html, but you should html and css together) so don’t worry about it.

Focus just on html and css, and later you can decide between learning javascript of php depending on whether you’d rather be a front end or back end developer.

HadzovicE

@noahgelman i know just if is there a good book to read i really like to know, so i can buy it ASAP.And I am learning html and css like for a week now.It is really simple, ok maybe not to simple but it isn’t hard at last how i see it :D

Thank you for you replay,sir

TheDoc

It depends on what type of web developer you want to be.

If you want to be a front-end web developer, you need to master HTML and CSS first. Then you can move on to some jQuery and even some PHP.

Do not try to skip ahead until you truly understand HTML and CSS.

HadzovicE

@TheDoc ok thanks

Zeriz

1. The first steps I would say is; getting a decent editor with code highlightning, I use Panic Inc.’s Coda editor in OS X, and after that you have to figure out what kind of language you would like to work with. PHP & MySQL is the most common to start out with, but before you start on that you should have a basic understanding of HTML & CSS.

2. I would recommend you to start with HTML, CSS then slowly over to Javascript – and after that to PHP & MySQL. :)

3. Your first website should contain HTML & CSS and could be as simple as; your personal page or your online storage place for code snippets or something like that. Learn the very basics before you start with web development. I do not recommend y ou to skip class on this one if you really want to learn this.

4. I’m not a web developer, I’m a web designer. It started out as a hobby, and ended up as my main profession – and it took me many years to get here!

HadzovicE

@Robskiwarrior , @Zeriz thank this help me a lot :D

Zeriz

Sure, no problem! :) Just nice to help! :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.