Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other From html to WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    quicky

Hi All,

After years of trying to teach myself html and xhtml (very poorly) I finally decided to try to move everything to wordpress to give myself an easier life and allow me to get on with the design side of things (what I like doing the best).

For a complete non blogger like me WordPress looked a little daunting but after finding out a mate does all his websites in wordpress I finally plucked up the courage to do something about it.

I intend to take my little sites over to wordpress.

My design site first http://www.andyquick.co.uk
    and then my paddling site. http://www.kayakcapers.co.uk

Hopefully what I learn in one will be very transferable to all the others in the future.

It looks like a huge mountain to climb at the moment but thanks to the video posts by Chris I have finally plucked up the courage to do it (wish me luck).

Please excuse any stupid sounding questions I may ask on here. I am a WordPress virgin at the moment.

To start with can anyone tell me what are the best, most popular and easiest to understand galleries viewers on the market at the moment.
    I use thickbox at the moment on my design site. Are there better ones out there for image viewing?

All the best

Quicky

quicky

Cheers Al,

Will have a look.

The thing I have found most daunting at the momentis how it all fits together and having to learn the basics of PHP to understand a few thing.

Still every mountain is only there to be conquered. Thanks for the help.

quicky

Hi All,

Second daft question for you. Not WP related

Are there any php forms out there that have a captcha sort of capability that you do not have to buy into or pay for.
    Needs to work on a mysql database.

Needs to be easy to use and idiot proof.

TheDoc
    quicky

looks interesting! Thank you

quicky

Hi All, Back aagain with another ‘stupid’ question.

I have been reading through ‘Complete wordpress’ Which has a chapter on RSS feeds and some associated code to make ‘readers’ etc.

I am sure this is very easy to understand once you get the knack but I am confusing the heck out of myself.

Does anyone have an easy tutorial or explanation to break down the requirements to make an RSS feed and reader.
    A sot of a ‘you need this in here’ and @this in here’ sort of guide. Sorry for the stupid sounding question but I am just trying to get my head round it all.

All the best

apostrophe
    Participant

Not really sure what you mean :?

If you are using WordPress then you already have an RSS feed, just get a feedburner account at Google to maximise its potential.

Why would you want to make a feed reader? There are literally hundreds of free ones for all platforms readily available.

Maybe this will help http://www.google.com/support/feedburner/bin/answer.py?answer=79408&cbid=1ahae788qs66f&src=cb&lev=answer

quicky

Cheers for the info.

Right another quick one for everyone:

Well I am having fun with galleries. Tried to download 3 good looking ones but it seems you need a degree in Astro Physics to get images to display like on the individual demo sites pages.

Going to try and find some more if I can.

Have you found any good (easy to use)ones.

Have looked at:
    wpesp portfolio
    Featured content gallery
    Fotofolio

Would like a simple click to view image and info. (either on page or via a thickbox style thing).

All the best

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.