Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Franklin font not supported well – Should I just not use it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kandi
    Participant

I am helping a friend update this website – http://collegefundingremedies.com/ and the font he really really really wants to use is Franklin Gothic Demi Cond. From my research this font is not commonly supported by most browsers.

What is the best way to deal with this problem? Franklin Gothic Demi Cond is bold and condensed, so I wanted to find a similar font that is more supported to put in the font family as a substitute when Franklin isn’t supported, but I can’t seem to find a similar style font as a substitute. I heard you can embed text into a site but am not sure how to do this or if it will solve the problem.

Help por favor!

Paulie_D

He can host the font himself and serve it on demand.

Fontsquirrel.com has some pretty decent instructions…

__
    Participant

This is not an issue of browser support; rather, whether or not the font is installed on the particular computer. Since most people don’t download their own fonts, availability usually depends on the operating system.

It looks like there are many versions of Franklin Gothic, so listing various font names and alternate versions to cover as many OS’s as possible will be a difficult task.

You could provide a copy of the font for the user, provided its license allows web use.

Kandi
    Participant

fontsquirrel worked perfect! Thanks guys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.