Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other FrameWork for a radio site .

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cssloser

Hello. i’m actually DREAMING on creating my own online radio without using other services like shoutcast, etc. I have already done my design and main markups on the site. But my problem is, how do i deliver my music to the website? what kind of technology should i be using ? . :)

ChrisBull

The Best I can think of would be to use flash player like BBC IPlayer does for there radio stations, but you can also do it with javascript and microsoft silverlight.

cssloser

Yeah dude. But how? what playlist format is the best to use? and how do i stream my music?

ChrisBull

Playlist Format? What sort or radio site are you making? If your just playing lists of different songs then use xml. Flash will stream your music, there are hundreds of tutorials out there that build music players. If the site is going to get a lot of views then use amazon s3 servers to host your files, it will be cheaper than storing them on your own server.

cssloser

i wan’t to live stream my music. .means more likely i would be using the .pls format if possible. Yep, i know a lot about servers ..

ChrisBull

Are you sure .pls can be streamed while it’s still being created?

cssloser

well, shoutcast uses this to deliver music.

derekbtw
    Participant

I just created a website for a local radio station and I would say .pls
    We used LiquidCompass, though.

cssloser

so how do you make the player? is it in flash?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.