Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS FOUC in Firefox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Infernal

Hi knowledgable people,

Almost done with my latest site:

http://furniture-discounts.co.uk/

Main problem is a big fat FOUC (Flash of unstyled content) when opening or refreshing in Firefox. The site isn’t really the most valid of sites, the huge amount of affiliate links see to that, along with my distinct lack of WordPress knoledge and rather cluttered CSS file (been playing with the design as I went along so the css is all over the place but aside from moz/webkit rounded corners the css validates ok).

Now, I’ve heard of a FOUC in Firefox from using the @import tag but I’ve removed all @import tags and only used link tags instead and I’m still getting the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: not sure if this is a CSS problem or not so once I’ve found what’s wrong it can be moved to a more appropriate place.

TheDoc

I’ve never seen a site hang that long before loading in the CSS. An interesting problem indeed.

I see there are three different CSS files being loaded, try taking it down to one (just the main one) and seeing if that helps. If it does, then add one more, see if it stays good. If it goes bad again, then you have probably found your problem CSS file.

Infernal

Disabled the other 2 stylesheets, still causing the fouc. Uninstalled all my wp plugins too, still broke. This one has me really stumped.

Infernal

Anybody else got any ideas on this? Frankly, I’m stumped.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.