Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Forum post error notifications

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    grimski
    Participant

Hi there,

I was thinking it would be handy to have some error notifications for when the form doesn’t submit when posting a thread?

I was trying to post a topic last night and again this morning but after hitting “Submit” the page returns to the Javascript Jungle forum but my post isn’t visible and I can’t see a reason why.

The majority of the post is text with a bit of javascript and html which is wrapped in the required markdown. I’ve even tried putting my post into Coda so I can be sure any formatting can be removed, still no luck. If I’m doing something wrong I’m happy to admit it but it would be good to know what :)

Cheers, what are peoples thoughts on this?

Shikkediel
    Participant

Could it be these three letters are in the text somewhere?

S-E-O

Only reason I ever saw for a post to get rejected, even when they happen to be inside an easing equation for example.

Paulie_D

JS is tricky on the forum even in the style backticks

Sometimes even the slightest hint of it is enough to trigger a ‘hold’.

I usually recommend a Codepen for such things.

Also, muliple attempts get flagged as spam (which is where these were).

If you check the JS tags only…it’s there multiple times..now since I ‘unspammed’ one.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Last time I had script tags trigger a rejection, I got some kind of warning afterwards. The three letters did not do such a thing but only refreshed the page.

Beverleyh
    Participant

Yes, feedback when there’s an issue would be lovely. I had a problem with the post below this (see link at the end of this reply) and I haven’t got the foggiest why it wouldn’t post. No mention of S-E-O so not sure. Maybe it was the quotes?. https://css-tricks.com/forums/topic/repeating-situation-with-clients-they-want-custom-design-i-want-an-open-source/#post-234659

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.