Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Form password input character

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    doctord

Hi,
    im trying to change the a password input character to square without success i tried to look it up couldn’t find any resource that tells u hoe to do it.
    thank you,
    Daniel

TheDoc

The input character… can you explain what you mean? Or maybe post a screenshot?

doctord

link to screenshot thank you

TheDoc

Oh very interesting! There must be a way, probably using some pretty simple jQuery, but that is a knowledge I unfortunately don’t possess. Maybe @jamy_za has an idea? I know @chriscoyier talked about it here: https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/password-input-bullet-alternatives/

doctord

thanks for trying to help. ive seen that post but it doesnt work properly.

jamygolden

@doctord I’ve spent quite a bit of today looking at some kind of cross-browser solution. This is possible ( with the use of javascript ) but it’s going to take quite a bit of development ( to cater for all browsers ) even though it seems like it should be a trivial CSS option ( It looks like it’s going to be eventually ). Personally I don’t think this feature is worth the development time – however, since I’ve started and I’m determined to finish it, I think I’ll create some kind of jQuery plugin. So if you follow the project on github, you’ll be able to see the progress of the plugin. Also, if you let me know of any bugs ( there are currently a lot and it works best in the latest FireFox at the moment ) or features that would be helpful.

doctord

Jamy thank you so much i appreciate your help! hope it works out ive been trying to find a solution for a long time. good luck :)

doctord

Hey Jamy,
    Just wanted to know if you came up with a solution for this ?
    cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.