Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Form label alignment/positioning in IE 7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LHAjack

Hello,

I’m having some trouble getting the labels for a form to align properly in IE 7. Works fine FF, Safari, and IE 8.

The labels are supposed to be right-aligned to the left of the field, but in IE 7 they are appearing right-aligned but on top of the fields. The label styling is inline (poor practice, I know. Just sort of did it that way as I went along and didn’t bother to change it) but that shouldn’t make a difference right?

Probably over-looking something pretty simple, but I stumped right now.

Code Below

CSS:

Code:
    #form {
    position:absolute;
    left: 504px;
    top: 405px;
    width: 500px;
    height: auto;
    padding:50px 0 0 0;
    margin: 0 0 0 0;
    z-index: 52;
    }

Form Div:

Code:

Fill out the form below and a Barker Financial
    representative will contact you shortly.

Thanks

doobie

Dude, first things first. Get that inline styling out of there and into a proper stylesheet.

Then, take a look at this article: https://css-tricks.com/tips-for-creating … web-forms/.

It will answer all of your label placement questions.

Good luck.

LHAjack

Thanks for replying. Figured it out on my own. Solution involved a combination of moving the label tags and some IE conditional CSS.

Yeah, I had seen that article before. All of that was in-place for styling, it was just inline at the time. As I was tinkering, took most of the inline styling out and put it in proper. Didn’t fix the issue, but definitely cleaner coding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.