The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript How do you do this?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #32972

    Hi there,

    When you visit the website and scroll down almost to the bottom, you’ll notice the “READY TO FORGE AHEAD?” block remains fixed in that position, while the content to the left continues to scoll down.

    How would you go about doing that? What’s that called?

    – Steph

    Brian Meyer

    Steph, the only fixed element I notice while scrolling is the tab attached to the left side, “Ask Us”. Using Chrome on XP…

    in CSS this is accomplished by using positioning…

    see this page:


    They are using jQuery to change the CSS of that particular div when the scrolling reaches a certain point.

    You can see the JS here

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.