Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Foreign (Turkish characters) won't display properly in MySQL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    css_fan5
    Participant

Hello all,

I have posted this question on SO and SitePoint thinking that CSS-TRICKS was only for CSS related questions but I am glad it has a dedicated PHP forum as well.

I have this issue and it’s been driving me nuts. I have this webform and occasionally people fill it out with Turkish characters (ı)(ş)(ğ)(ç) etc… I have set every single possible option to UTF8 (header-form fields- BD and its tables and DB script itself) but I am still seeing these weird symbols on php myadmin when I submit the form.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this issue? Man many thanks in advance…

css_fan5
    Participant

Hello,

I have solved the problem. It was the missing command in my.ini file. I have added these two lines at the end of the page and it solved the problem:

collation_server = utf8_unicode_ci

character_set_server = utf8

Paulie_D

Glad you found and posted an answer.

css_fan5
    Participant

No problem. It’s been driving me nuts, I hope it will be good use for someone else.

css_fan5
    Participant

Hello Nkrisc,

Am I the matchstick man? :)

css_fan5
    Participant

I was just joking :) I totally agree with you. You can easily shrink the entire web by 90% if you were to remove all useless articles and abandoned forums/websites etc…

css_fan5
    Participant

I may have exaggerated a bit :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.