Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Forbidden on mobile devices?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Doom_87
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I’m sorry if I post this in the wrong section, please move it if necessary.

I’m a newbie so I hope you can help me.

I’m building a WordPress site and I use a live chat plugin called iFlyChat.
    It works fine on desktop/laptop but when accessed from a mobile device it displays a forbidden error.
    I used several smartphones with different OS (Android+Windows Phone) but the result is always the same.

I’ve been in contact with the plugin’s company but we still haven’t found a solution.
    I disabled every other plugin in case there was a conflict but it didn’t make any difference.
    An answer I got was that this error is generated at the server level and usually indicates bad permissions or a directive added to htaccess.

However I don’t recall changing anything having to do with permissions, etc.

Here is a screenshot I captured that displays the error:
    http://s33.postimg.org/63jd8iom7/error.jpg

Would you know what could possibly be wrong?

Thank you!

I.m.learning
    Participant

I think I had a similar issue. Except it was forbidden on the desktop level.

I never had to mess with any of my permissions. It was an error with using the wrong path because it was .php and not .html.

I personally would have to see a link to your main page; others here might know what the issue is w/out one.

Doom_87
    Participant

Hey, thanks for your reply.
    My site is closed to public because it’s still under construction.
    However I can give you access as a guest if you wish so you can see it yourself.

I.m.learning
    Participant

Yeah I’d like to see if you’re having the same issue as I had. My email is [email protected]. I work until 1 am. But can look at it tomorrow and let you know what I can come up with.

Doom_87
    Participant

Hey, I will email you in a bit. Here’s the time is 3:00am now btw.
    Thanks for your interest.

Beverleyh
    Participant

What do your errors logs say? I would expect there to be something logged there as a result of the error you’re seeing.

Ownership might be another thing to check. For example, if your server is running libphp5 mode (rather than fastcgi), files uploaded via FTP will have different ownership than files created via scripts on the server (libphp5 runs as user httpd.httpd), so you might need to reset them (chown/chgrp) after upload.
    Fastcgi doesn’t have the ownership problem because it runs as your own user.group, so if you can, see if you can switch PHP mode over to this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.