Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Footer Positioning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dayday426

I am making this site for my company, I am new to the coding world and it is a little harder being that I am working with internet explorer instead of firefox. I should have both soon though. This is the first site that I ever made using css. Everything seemed to line up except I have a gap between the footer and the content. I cannot figure out why. My website is http://www.cornerstoneclassicdesigns.com/. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

fabiopao

first of all, get rid of those awful <p>&nbsp;</p>
    then you should give some margin-bottom to the content div (10-15px), and some margin-top to #footer p and #footer h1.
    anyway, for the future you should consider to get rid of those awful tables, too, since that is old, ugly markup.
    this site is a great start to learn xhtml and css the right way, the next step may be to visit a bookstore and get a good book about css (i’d suggest "Web Standards Solutions: The Markup and Style Handbook" by Dan Cederholm).
    cheers and good coding! ;)

dayday426

Thanks a lot for helping me out and taking the time to look at the site. I am working on getting rid of tables as I go. I heard that they are terrible to have. I am understanding css more and more as I go, it is just a lot to learn, but I don’t give up to easily. Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.