Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Footer Issue in IE 6 & 7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    aspiringWebbie
    Participant

I am baffled at my current situation. Everything in my footer is fine except the in IE 6 & 7 (of course) the Servicing list and the Company information is shifted up. If I fix the positing to look fine in IE 6 & 7 – it shifts the information down in IE 8 and FF and I do not know where I am going wrong. Could you please visit my link and see what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

http://www.creativeeyedia.com

virtual
    Participant

You will have to create and IE specific stylesheet for 6 and 7 to deal with the issues, and link to it in the <head> section with a conditional comment like this if the issues are the same for both:

<!–[if lt IE 8]>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="iestyle.css" />
    <![endif]–>

You only need to put the information that needs correcting for IE6 and 7 in this stylesheet, not all the CSS.

aspiringWebbie
    Participant

Hi Virtual – thank you for the reply. I understand the Conditional comments, but I am having a hard time trying to uncover what is causing the issue to include in the separate style sheet. IE 8 and FF are ok – but in IE6 & 7 – the 2 divs (Servicing and Contact info) are shifted up. If I lower these 2 down to fit correctly in IE 6 & 7 – then in IE 8 and FF – they are dropped down dramatically. I have positioned absolutely and relatively as well as floated these div’s and have been un successful. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong – or overlooking?

Thanks

virtual
    Participant

I checked your site in IE6 and 7 and they both look fine, the only issue I can see in IE6 is that you need a pngfix for your Appointment and Get a Quote buttons.

aspiringWebbie
    Participant

I know – I eventually got it. Thanks Virtual (are you on Killersites? – it’s Brian aka NuCoder)

virtual
    Participant

Yup that’s me, Ben and Eric are also on here too.

aspiringWebbie
    Participant

oh – perfect – You guys are great! I am able to fit more studying in now – so hopefully I’ll be able to assist you guys by answering questions more as opposed to looking for help so much :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.