Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Footer is cutting off when screen resize.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sayedtaqui

Hi all, need your help
    The footer of my theme is cutting off in phones and tablets.
    If you resize your window and scroll in y-direction, you would see that problem on desktop too. I cannot figure out why its happening, any idea
    I have yet not written any media query, or used any script to make it mobile friendly or resize.

Thanks

Paulie_D

>I cannot figure out why its happening, any idea **I have yet not written any media query, or used any script to make it mobile friendly or resize.**

Haven’t you just answered your own question?

sayedtaqui

That’s right Paulie, but isn’t that still supposed to look the same when you resize the window, with scroll-y. The whole website is looking the same but not the footer.

Paulie_D

At a guess, I would say it’s probably something to do with the table nature of the Calendar.

Tables have a history of breaking layouts.

sayedtaqui

Thanks Paulie, I replicated the same thing with simple markup, and it does the same, Just trying to understand why it happens? What’s the concept?

Why does that footer cut off when scroll in y direction?

sayedtaqui

Okay I think, I get it, the main wrapper has a fixed width of 1100px and footer is supposed to take 100% of the window size, so when we resize the window the wrapper takes 1100px fixed width and the footer take the width of the window, so when we scroll , it cuts off.
    Any suggestion what changes should be made to the layout or css to fix this problem?
    I just noticed it happens on lot of websites
    like this http://fitnessmag-soratemplates.blogspot.in/

Paulie_D

Why not take the footer out of the wrapper?

If you need to constrain the footer **content** to 1100px then add an interior div to the footer and put the content in that.

A little but like this: http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/oGKtA

sayedtaqui

Thanks a lot paulie got it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.