Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS FOOTER ICONS NOT SETTING LEVEL — ARRRRRR HELP PLEASE! – SOLVED!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    hendrix940
    Participant

Guys, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get my social media icons to set level with my footer text.

You can see the icons are setting a few pixels above the bottom line of the footer text. I’ve tried using FireBug to figure it out, but I just can’t!

This is driving me crazy and I appreciate ANY help!! THANK YOU!!

chrisburton
    Participant

Wouldn’t this look better? http://cloud.chrisburton.me/LcxS

hendrix940
    Participant

Thanks Kevin! Chris, that does look pretty good man. I”ll check the code for that as well! Thanks guys!

hendrix940
    Participant

Kevin, I’m still a novice with CSS… do I have to create a new class called footer, or is having a div called footer enough?

hendrix940
    Participant

okay, great. I’ll try that.

hendrix940
    Participant

Perfect, I got it Kevin, thanks!! Chris, if I did want to implement your suggest… How would I set that up? Do a float left on the text and then a float right on the icons?

hendrix940
    Participant

Let me get ya’lls opinion .. does it seem like the icons as I have them are for Simeon (the webbuilder) or for Hayley (the actual person who’s site it is) … thanks!

chrisburton
    Participant

@hendrix940 If you remove your entire `.copyrights` css, I’ll code it up for you.

Your markup should look like this:

Your text here

hendrix940
    Participant

Right on men! Thank you very much for all the help and feedback!! Yes, the icons at the bottom are for Hayley. Chris, I’ll try that sir, thank you!

hendrix940
    Participant

Chris, yes please, I would like for your help on the layout of the footer. I have my markup as you have quoted above.

chrisburton
    Participant

There’s no reason to wrap it with the images. Plus, this gives me/you more control over the icons.

hendrix940
    Participant

I have the mark up as you highlighted above Chris.

chrisburton
    Participant

@hendrix940 Can you remove the CSS for .copyrights and the images in your footer?

Edit: Nevermind I can do that.

chrisburton
    Participant

@hendrix940 Here is your code:

#footer .copyrights {
    color: #066;
    letter-spacing: 1px;
    font: 10px Georgia, “Times New Roman”, Times, serif;
    }

#footer img {
    float: right;
    margin-left: 10px; /*set whatever margin you want – as long as it’s margin-left. */
    }

hendrix940
    Participant

Thanks Chris, checking that now…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.