Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Footer Div at the bottom of the pagee.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    scene1
    Participant

Hi I hope please can someone point me in the right direction or to a tutorial

I have created a very simple page container, header, content, footer.

the content div will be filled with content from a ajax call all working great!!!!

The problem is the height of the content Div can change.

All I would like to do is have the footer DIV appear beneath the content div.

If the content div height with footer div is more than the screen that when you scroll the whole content div appears and then the footer.

I just can’t make that happen I have the footer at the bottom of the screen and then move up when you scroll down.

I have had the content appear from benath the footer

in fact if you scroll this page that is the effect I would like. Just in the learning phase of css and I have been trying for days.

If someone can advise or point at tutorial I would be so very happy thanks
    Jasemilly[Your text to link here…](http://codepen.io/anon/pen/kzlrj “Example problem”)

Merri
    Participant

Do you mean something like this? http://codepen.io/Merri/pen/kCHIK

scene1
    Participant

yes thanks!! see if I can work that into my page

scene1
    Participant

Hi

got the example working and rebuilt my webpage from this point. Got the layout set back up but once I filled my content div so it filled the screen, once I scrolled the footer floated up the screen.

I think I must be missing somthing very basic. I thought if a div was set to auto height and the div beneath was set to bottom 0, with position relative it would stay as a footer at the bottom of the page.
    ????

not sure what to do thanks for any advice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.