Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Footer and sidebar to go to the bottom of the page when the browser is zoom out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ensiferum77
    Participant

Hi. I’m making some website which contain little header logo, one left sidebar and footer which is around 85% width, so when the browser is zoom out to 75% , actually go up the sidebar and the footer. What I need is some good css or javascript/jquery code which help me the sidebar and the footer always stay on the bottom of the page when someone zoom out the browser.
    Here is some screenshots actually how is appearing the site when the browser is zoom out to 75%.
    http://prntscr.com/1w0gz1
    Please help, Thanks

Paulie_D

Firstly, VERY few people zoom ** out** but we’d need to see your code.

Can you provide a link, we can’t diagnose from a picture.?

Ensiferum77
    Participant

http://i.imgur.com/5JhBXN4.png – from body till the footer

http://i.imgur.com/ef8qF3B.png – the footer

Paulie_D

We need to be able to see the CSS as well. A live link would be great.

If not try making a reduced case in Codepen.

Ensiferum77
    Participant
    lukefrake
    Participant

@Ensiferum77 – how does this work for you?

Really low-fi I know but should do what you want with position absolute?

Do you have a reason for supporting zoom like that though? Its an odd support.

Paulie_D

@Ensiferum77 I’m not being difficult but I don’t think anyone here wants to wade through your HTML & CSS in that form to find out what the issue is.

We need a live link so we can inspect the site with Developer tools / Firebug and make changes to see how things can be affected.

Might I recommend Site44.com….basically, it’s running a website through Dropbox.

You can still work locally but the (copied) files are accessible via Site44.com

Do you have a reason for supporting zoom like that though? Its an odd support.

Tru dat.

Ensiferum77
    Participant

I like just idea from someone on the forum who understand very good css. The client who gave me the psd file, test it on his pc everytime how the page will response when zoom out or in. so i need idea how i can complete this one.

lukefrake
    Participant

@Ensiferum77 – does my way not work for you?

Paulie_D

I like just idea from someone on the forum who understand very good css.

We’re all pretty good but..

The client who gave me the psd file, test it on his pc everytime how the page will response when zoom out or in. so i need idea how i can complete this one.

…you really aren’t giving us enough information to work with, at least in a form we can easily use.

Effectively, it seems like you’re just dumping the problem on us. Perhaps you should ask the client exactly under what circumstances he expects people to zoom and out of this site. it might be that his assumptions are wrong and it would be up to you to correct his misunderstanding.

We’d like to help but you aren’t making it easy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.