Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Fooin' form not workin' in fooin' Safari

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Funkaholik
    Participant

What i’m talkin’ about is
    form fields aren’t fillable in Safari browser

Funkaholik
    Participant
    rkieru
    Participant

Please elaborate. I’ve just went to the example site on Safari v11.0 (macOS High Sierra v10.13) and was able to fill out the fields without issue. Entering text removed the placeholder text as expected.

When submitted I was asked to correct the e-mail field (which I had filled with ‘test’). Once that was corrected the submit button functioned as expected.

Funkaholik
    Participant

Thanx for you help
    Ppl be tellin’ me that they having issues fillin’ form fileds in mobile Safari (iphone5) also
    The problem is i can’t inspect or at least do something to find a way to fix an issue

rkieru
    Participant

I can’t speak to the iPhone 5 but I just tested it on an iPhone 6S and again… operates as expected. Touch-input isn’t inhibited by the form design. The only difference I see between iOS Safari and macOS Safari is that on the mobile version there is a box shadow at the top of all of your inputs.

And honestly… that actually makes the input area more defined on mobile so I consider it a ‘bonus’ instead of a bug ;)

… could it be a UX issue and not an issue with browser support? These styles deviate pretty significantly from what people typically identify as a form. Could they simply look at the bolded “Name *” and assume this is a label and not an input field?

Funkaholik
    Participant

Actually i forgot to reset Safari form fields style))
    Right now it should all displayed as it i want it to
    Not really a UX problem i’m pretty sure it’s maybe old Safari vers or so
    Safari=IE for me personaly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.