- This topic is empty.
March 9, 2012 at 4:10 am #98572MikhailParticipant
I’ve had a look at my browser settings, but I can’t work out how to solve the problem, also, I tried Apple Chancery and Zapf Chancery, no dice, Monotype Corsiva is good, but atm I’ll stick with “Goudy Old Style” which is a good fallback for me… it’ll do anyway!March 20, 2012 at 11:19 am #99514geordie_alMember
Hi, Mikhail I just wondered if you got your issue with the fonts sorted out. Because ive been looking into and racking my brains out on this one, and I think i finally know what it is with IE9 and web fonts. I believe it is a cross origin resource sharing whereby the proxy strips the header and cant render a call to an outside source. Ive also read that you cant do it locally like you can with firefox and chrome and IE8 and under, I tried it out on my wampserver and it worked and so I think you also have to have an active server in place not just previewing it in the browser.
You can however make internet explorer 9 act like 8 if you add – into the head of the document.
Hope this helps and im so glad to not be looking into this again lol.
AllanMarch 20, 2012 at 8:20 pm #99597MikhailParticipant
Hi Allan, yes I have it sorted out, I was only previewing straight from notepad, I hadn’t even tried viewing it through Xampp but the font works through the server which I am very happy about! ( I really like Pinyon Script for my site ).
Just in the last 12 hours, I have got linear gradients as well on IE9, so my site is transformed in IE9, I am relieved!
Thanks for your interest!
MichaelAugust 26, 2012 at 11:49 am #108483jonathanSilvaMemberNovember 7, 2012 at 3:33 am #113546rotseeMember
Is it just me that don’t seem to be able to get css fonts to work in IE9/10 at all? IE8 and below works perfect, as do every other browser I’ve tried. This is my CSS:
src: url('ssmfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
All glyphs are in the basic latin range (I read somewhere that IE could have an issue otherwise) and at the same server (so no cross domain issue). Still no success: http://säsongsmat.nu/ssm/Test3
Does anyone here have similar problems?November 7, 2012 at 3:38 am #113547rotseeMember
(sorry for the messed up formatting above. Punycode link: http://xn--ssongsmat-v2a.nu/ssm/Test3 )March 12, 2013 at 8:42 pm #127986Agreeable_PandaParticipant
Don’t know if anybody is paying attention to this, but I had been researching this same problem and in one of the top threads in Stack Overflow a user had mentioned that Google web fonts wouldn’t load in IE9/10 when being viewed locally, but will be when accessed via localhost or the internet. I’ve tested this and that does seem to be the case, at least in IE9.
For local testing, go with jonathanSilva’s suggestion and serve the font from your site’s root folder with the @font-face rule. You can choose to serve the fonts to users from your site or when you’re ready to go live, let Google take care if for you.March 13, 2013 at 1:24 am #127997chrisburtonParticipant
I wonder if the htaccess trick (setting mime types) will work for this situation.
- The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.