Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS font question…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stevedeer

Hi

I’m considering signing up with an online font supplier (Typekit etc).

But I’ll creating precision layouts in Photoshop for client approval before coding a site. From what I gather, this does not seem to be possible… are there any solutions?

Thanks in advance

Steve Deer

davidlab.be
    Participant

This my be something you may want to look into

http://www.extensis.com/en/webfontplugin/

chrisburton
    Participant

@springlab That’s only really for Google webfonts, which are terrible.

@stevedeer
    Why do they have to be exactly precise? You could use a fallback for the PSD and the webfonts for the site? Alternatively you could buy the fonts and bill the client if they’re in agreement.

TheDoc

@ChristopherBurton – why is every single Google Web Font terrible?

chrisburton
    Participant

@TheDoc Do you like Google’s fonts? Honestly, that’s all that really matters. I don’t recall saying “every single Google web-font is terrible”. I just don’t prefer Google web-fonts for the fact that a lot of them seem quickly designed, poorly optimized and not really original. We could go back and see why my opinion is such (below).

https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/comment/58022#Comment_58022

TheDoc

“That’s only really for Google webfonts, which are terrible.”

I wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth, I was more trying to get you to expand your statement in which you refer to the entire library as ‘terrible’.

@stevedeer
    – that’s a tough one. Font choice is unbelievably important for the site’s branding. Sending off a proof for approval without the first-choice font seems a little odd to me. I’m afraid I don’t have a suggestion for you though!

chrisburton
    Participant

@TheDoc, I was never specific enough to say the *entire* library is terrible. To be specific, I’ll just say that I’m not a fan of majority of what it has to offer. We’ve gone over this before in the discussion I posted above so I’d rather not hijack this person’s post. By the way, I hope this isn’t coming off rude, I’m surely not intending it to be.

TheDoc

@ChristpherBurton – no rudeness! Just better that the OP understands what you’re talking about.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.