Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS @font-face Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mintertweed
    Participant

I found a Tumblr theme that I really like. And by “I really like” I mean that I want to design my official website around it for continuity reasons. So, basically, here is my Tumblr. You can edit the HTML directly. I have been looking through the code to see how Sleepover (the designers of the Chunky theme) are calling their fonts. The major ones in use are Chunky, Roswell, and Georgia. Everyone has Georgia on their computer, but not so much with Chunky or Roswell. I did not know if they were using something like @font-face. I have tried to implement @font-face, but I am clearly doing something wrong. If someone could show me how to implement the font Roswell on my website I would muchly appreciate it. Also, I am using WordPress to design my website if that helps. Thank you in advance!

chrisburton
    Participant

You need a webfont license. You cannot use it via @font-face unless you have a license to do so.

chrisburton
    Participant

Also, I tested the Tumblr link you posted above, I see Rockwell (slab), not Roswell (sans-serif).

Let me gather more info since one of those you mentioned is open source, I believe.

chrisburton
    Participant

Chunk (download): font-face agreement

Rockwell (buy): This font requires a purchased license.

@mintertweed
    Why not pay for it? By the way, you might want to look at Kulturista or Adelle for an alternative (both on Typekit).

Regardless of Kulturista being a display face, it renders very well at small sizes and it’s what I intended to use for my body copy.

chrisburton
    Participant

@mintertweed Are you busy right now? Go here and i’ll walk you through it.

chrisburton
    Participant

@mintertweed All right so I guess you’ll have to go by this:

Download the Chunk font kit from Font Squirrel here.

Create a directory (folder) on your server and name it whatever you want (e.g. fonts, webfonts) and upload the font files to that folder.

Now, just edit this CSS with the correct font-family name and paths and you should be all set.

chrisburton
    Participant

@mintertweed Glad to hear that. You’re welcome.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.