Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Font-face display delay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Shikkediel
    Participant

In an effort to try and spruce up the first page I (ever) made I’m giving it a grand overhaul. Adding some custom fonts is one detail I’ve been working on.

But there seems to be this odd delay with displaying one of them. Reminding of what’s called a ‘flash of unstyled text’ which I thought to be a thing of the past.

fighting-the-font-face-fout

The page should have more than enough time to load the font… it’s in an external stylesheet, the background images are all preloaded, there’s a progress spinner with a minor delay and I’m waiting for pageload. Still, when the font needs to be cached it always flickers this way and fails to display at all initially.

Is there something I’m missing here? Does @font-face only get loaded after some text is already visible (I can’t imagine)?

It’s the billboard with ‘carbon fiber’ background and the list of manuals. It’ll be in the top right corner on screens larger than 800 pixels (otherwise a bit more down) :

http://tamiyaweb.com/

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.