Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Font Face Crashing Android

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    steallan

Our client’s website, [www.bield.co.uk](http://www.bield.co.uk “Bield”), uses web fonts. They are embedded via font-face using the FontSpring bullet proof method.

Everything seems fine except on an HTC Desire running Android 2.2 and the default Webkit 3.1 browser. Before the site has finished loading, the browser crashes and closes. It crashes before the web font has rendered.

After removing script, CSS etc. I believe I’ve narrowed the problem down to the web fonts. Commenting out the TrueType font seems to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

steallan

I’ve had to roll out the temporary fix so if you go on the site you’ll find it (hopefully) works.

Hoping someone knows of a permanent solution.

chrisburton
    Participant

@steallan Are you using a CDN service?

steallan

@ChristopherBurton No, the font files are all hosted on the same server as the site itself.

On other sites which use the same embedding method but a different font there is no issue, so I can only think that there is some peculiarity about that font in the TrueType format.

chrisburton
    Participant

@steallan Did you convert it?

steallan

If I remember correctly I used Font Squirrel’s generator to convert the original file into the TrueType and other formats.

chrisburton
    Participant

@steallan That might be your problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.