Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS @font-face and line-height in Firefox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    brent_james

I am using @font-face in my CSS that works great on Safari, and Chrome but with Firefox & IE the font does not work. The second issue is, I have line-height applied to the navigation links in my header, except in Firefox/IE it’s about 5px off on positioning.

brent_james

Sorry heres the site:

IntendtoInspire.com

spadooky

it looks exactly the same in safari and firefox on a mac. is your version of firefox outdated, perhaps? http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/753529

brent_james

I’ve updated all my browsers, but now IE and Firefox will not display the @font-face.

It just defaults to the generic font and the line height is off by a few px.

Any help?

brent_james

?

brent_james

IE & Firefox are the worst. Really need some help with this.

Anything to try?

swirv
    Participant

First of all, please take this criticism constructively. OK, in FF everything looks fine for me. However, in Chrome this site is riddled with ads (is this post spam or are you really wanting help with this site?). The fonts render fine in both browsers.
    Your CSS is in in the head of the document and not a separate file. The browser will have to load this each time the the user navigates to a new page, unnecessarily adding bulk to the layout. (linked css files are cached by the browser and do not have to download each time.)
    The #HeaderImg div is not in the “header” div. This isn’t a problem.. it just bothers me.. I feel like if it is in the “header” of the document visually, you should try to put it in the “header” section(div/header,whatever).

The site looks good.. but smells funny. What is the point? Ad farm?

Seeing as the page does not exhibit the errors you posted about, you either fixed it, or your install of FF is broken. OR you are just farming.

brent_james

No sorry about the ads i was messing around with placement. Thats not my intent at all and thank you for the compliment about the site.
    I kind of fixed it i found a similar google font that displays almost the same as the @font-face and i am happy with it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.