Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS font appears fat!?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Who cares about opinions @shamai is not asking for an opinion they are asking for help and trying to troubleshoot. That being said, if the font fits the personality of the website then keep it and try a condensed version if you cant lower the font size.

chrisburton
    Participant

I helped him troubleshoot by selecting a better typeface.

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Haha! You know the old saying “opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink” Right? I would just use common everyday Verdana but stylized fonts work as long as the design takes it into account and you treat the typeface as a graphic. If your just picking a typeface at random for no apparent reason then I would consider changing it. Go with what you feel helps the design @shamai

chrisburton
    Participant

Verdana is well designed and selecting typography should come first before that.

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

At least we agree on Verdana ;)

shamai

I chose roboto originally because it was tall and seemed to have a feeling of professional as well as casual.
    I’m making a website for a charity fundraising organization.

TheDoc

Just to follow up, you may also need to assign font-weight normal on the declaration itself, not just on the font-face. I am 99% sure that is your problem.

shamai

nope still doesn’t work. font remains fat no matter what i do.
    I’m using rem to set the weight as well as px as a fallback for old browsers.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.