Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Float problem (box height)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jmcmacca

I have a issue which is driving me mad! I’m building the interface for a search engine.

The pull down menu will be for the search item, then the database results will be fed into the yellow container. The blue boxes are going to be neg and plus icons.

I can’t get the red background container to expand. I even tried the overflow trick but its not working at all (((. PLEASE help!

• item 1

• item 2

• item 3

• item 4

• item 5

• item 6

• item 1

• item 2

• item 3

• item 4

• item 5

• item 6

• item 1

• item 2

• item 3

• item 4

• item 5

• item 6

• item 1

• item 2

• item 3

• item 4

• item 5

• item 6

• item 1

• item 2

• item 3

• item 4

• item 5

• item 6

• item 1

• item 2

• item 3

• item 4

• item 5

• item 6

• item 1

• item 2

• item 3

• item 4

• item 5

• item 6

• item 1

• item 2

• item 3

• item 4

• item 5

• item 6

Senff
    Participant

I’m not entirely sure what you’re trying to accomplish (and which red part needs to expand), but your UL/LI structure is a little messed up. Some things within your main UL are not wrapped in an LI. For example, your dropdown selector is, but then it’s followed by 2 links and the subcontainer, which in turn contains LI’s but these are not wrapped in a UL.

In essence: never have anything in a UL that is not wrapped in a LI, and never have LIs that are not wrapped in a UL.

Hope that makes sense, but here’s a little cleaner code (though, again, not sure if that’s what you’re trying to do): http://codepen.io/senff/pen/2/1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.