Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Float help – showing differently in same browser, diff comp.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Well, I began Chris’ awesome tutorials on WordPress, and thought I’d do it on something other then a personal site… anyways… The link is here:

http://tinyurl.com/6fzp24

Now, on my laptop, it shows the same on safari and Firefox, but last night I was on my desktop, and I wanted to look at the site and the sidebar was all messed up and not floating properly at all…
    Any suggestions? I wouldn’t of known it was a problem unless I had looked on the desktop, which is running the same version of Firefox as my laptop, and even a larger res(not that should matter, the content is in a wrap)

Any help is appreciated!! thanks =)

noahgelman
    Participant

The size of the display shouldn’t matter. If you’re getting conflicting views on the same browsers, but on 2 different computers, then the issue might be that one computer has slightly older versions of Firefox and Safari and needs to be updated. Another problem might be that one is a Mac and the other is a PC. Normally, that doesn’t matter at all, but the operating systems do render things slightly differently. We just a problem in the office last week were the Mac was displaying the font slightly to wide when compared to a PC and it screwed up the floated items.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.