Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Flex/Flash Builder development vs others?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pctechtv
    Participant

Does Flex/Flash Builder development application build have an advantage over others? The little bit I have picked up seems to show that it can create a Android IOS and Blackberry app all in one project (of course build specific have to be dealt with). I have not seen any up to date ways of learning Flex via Flash Builder 4.7. Everything I am finding seems to be 3 to 4 years old. I am still working with the material but can tell it is somewhat outdated. Understanding what it does it seems like a good platform to learn but I wonder why the lack of attention to the learning base?

Shikkediel
    Participant

My honest opinion – don’t use Flash. Until jQuery and CSS3 were introduced, it was often the only way to create certain functionality but I’d say it is indeed outdated, vulnerable and heavy on the device’s resources. If you’re going to be spending time on learning, it might be better to look at some of the newer techniques. They’re a lot more straightforward as well.

Edit – not to forget browsers themselves are more capable these days.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.