Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other flexbox or grid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    andreas78
    Participant

hi,

i am working on a new project which has a responsive design.

what do you suggest? is flexbox ready for using or shall i still use a grid system? how is the future of flexbox? it is really the future to use it?

it is more or less a private page, so i do not really care about old browsers and i will not make a fall back for browser who do not unterstand rwd.

thank you

nixnerd
    Participant

Flexbox doesn’t do anything THAT outstanding. Changing DOM order is probably the single greatest thing it does and even that is an easy work-around. Besides, doesn’t have universal support.

Go with a custom grid.

__
    Participant

Flexbox is kinda at that point where it’s teetering on the edge of being “mainstream.” It can be used most places, with the exception of IE. Even so, it has a somewhat steep learning curve and a lot of its basic functionality can be accomplished in other ways, often easier (e.g., display:table layouts and inline-block grids).

If you want compatibility, go with other solutions. If not, go for flex. Either way, it is something you should be getting exposure to with the goal of figuring it out as time goes on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.