Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Flash Detect and Display Alternate Content

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I just completed coding of my first full website which also happens to be the first time I’ve used WP. The site is "live", but there are a few loose ends I’m trying to tie up.

The site (http://www.steelehouse.com) is for our company, which is a video post house. Anyways, all of our video embeds are served via Vimeo. Vimeo has an HTML 5 version of their site, but their embedded player does not support HTML 5 yet, although they keep saying "very soon". The videos are the most important thing on the site and are Flash (for now). We’ve been receiving a high number of hits from Apple devices, so I need a way to serve alternate content to Apple device users.

I found some simple Javascript that will replace the video with other content, but this will not work in the dynamic environment. I’m looking for any suggestions. The solution doesn’t even have to be an alternate version of the video, as I would be content to serve an image that is a link to that video on Vimeo or our Vimeo page all together.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.