Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Fixed interactive overlay on SVG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joepk
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have an SVG that is a child of a div that animates when you hover it. When hovering over it an area should be highlighted. I thought putting another SVG over the bottom one with the same dimensions would be the easiest way. But it doesn’t work. What adds the difficulty I guess, is that it has to be responsive.

In this codepen. you see the map of a city. I commented the area which should become visible on hover.

Cheers, if you find a simple solution :)

Paulie_D

You’re using an actual image which doesn’t support that kind of interactivity of ‘parts’.

Why not use the actual SVG and then it would work when each sub-element of the SVG is hovered.

Each of those filled areas are separate paths/polygons …aren’t they?

joepk
    Participant

Hey Paulie_D,

Got it fixed. Was rather simple. Just put the separates SVG’s on top with absolute position on the img tag. Then applied the same dimensions to make sure it would stay relative when the parent would scale.

Now I only need to animate the color of the area.

Paulie_D

Seems a little unnecessary when you could just use the SVG itself…but OK.

joepk
    Participant

How would I do that?

Ilan Firsov
    Participant

You’d have to separate each region to a separate shape/path, then you can use css hover state to change the fill color
    For example:
    http://codepen.io/ilanf/pen/gpRPEM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.