Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Fixed Background Image Wont Work in Chrome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pantapanta1
    Participant

Hello!
    This is my first post to css-tricks community!
    I am using bootstrap and i am trying to implement some background images with a fixed tag. Those background images were staying fixed just fine in all browsers but suddenly they wont stay fixed in chrome. Notice that in other browsers are working fine.

Here’s a A link.

If you want to take a look at the website am working at http://goo.gl/yWN9Nb

Note that the problem is showing in chrome version 45.0.2454.85 m

Any help appreciated.

bearhead
    Participant

I tested your codepen demo in Chrome 45.0.2454.85 m on Win7 and the background-attachment: fixed; attribute seems to be functioning as expected…

Is the codepen not working for you? Or is the problem just on the website you cited? If the problem is just occuring on the website, I would suspect that you have a specificty issue in your css and the background-attachment attribute is being over-ruled somewhere.

pantapanta1
    Participant

The Problem exists only in the specified website am working on. I also believe that is something in the css but i cant find it and i have tried everything until now. Does the image stay fixed in your browser in the indicated website?

timbarden
    Participant

Wasn’t working for me either in Chrome 45 on Mac, but taking the overflow-x: hidden; off the html, body makes the image fix correctly. Probably don’t want to remove this though, but it might get someone closer to explaining the problem..?

pantapanta1
    Participant

That fixed my fixed background xd :P but why is that happening?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.