Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other First WordPress Theme: Please Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roxon

I just finished it after a few days work. Any suggestions?

http://elephantlorry.com/

(Domain was name of previous startup, jdfrench.com is taken, in process of getting jdfren.ch but Swiss domains are a tricky business)

ccc630

*sigh* Only 15…man I’m getting old!

Like the colors, like the title font. A couple thoughts/suggestions:

— the ‘jd french’ in your header could probably be larger.

— just having a link to your most recent post, rather than the post itself, seems an odd choice. The purple bar is also, in my opinion, a lot of real estate to just hold a link (to me, it looks like it should be either part of the header branding or possibly main nav). In general, the navigation is a bit odd (to my eyes, at least).

— your content is really, really wide — on the web you want to keep content columns pretty narrow for better readability.

Having said that, I think you’re off to a good start and have a decent base to work from.

Chris

Roxon

@ccc630:

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the purple bar is pretty big; I suppose I should have made it smaller, but it holds kind of the title of the page. The index substitutes for the about page, and you can just go to posts from there. I thought it was a good idea, maybe it’s not. On the content being large: thanks for the tip, I never thought about that. I’ll be sure to add that in to any themes I create in the future. Again, thanks for the feedback. ;)

TheDoc

Not sure if you’ve made the purple bar smaller already, but I don’t mind it at all as it is.

There isn’t too much to critique, really. It’s clean and easy to read/navigate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.