Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other First site!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eire32

This is the site I have ever semi-launched, still waiting on alot of content, but please tell me what you think anyways.

http://www.29thdublin.org/wp/

I know the whole notice board/paper thing is so over done but "the client" (it seems weird saying that since I did it for free) wanted something like that. I’m just an amateur so don’t slate me too much, but I want to know what you think because criticism is always the way forward. Thanks for taking the time.

Also like to say thanks to people like Chris and people at sites like Nettuts and good only Google for helping me learn how to setup my first site.

TheDoc

Couple quick points:

Remember to declare fonts for all of your text. On the home page, the About text, sidebar text and even the text in the footer hasn’t been declared and is just rolling back to browser defaults. You want to make sure you’re in full control in the way people view your sites!

Your sub-nav under "Home" "Sections" "About" is a little off. Under the "Sections" tab the sub-nav goes outside the bounding box you’ve set for it.

Hippy

Its really goof considering its your first site, however the colouring on the navigation I feel is a little dull and could be brightened a little maybe? Also the website doesnt fit on my screen, I have to scroll right or resize my screen. Im using safari so it may be fine in IE/Firefox. Im not sure on the fix for this, maybe someone else can help you there.

Nice work though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.