Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS first line of text does not play according to css rules

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    natttan

I am making something in Drupal 7, and first line of text does not obey css rules, although the rest of text does. Namely, the first line broke my layout and part of it step inside another div. I’ve added overflow:hidden;
    and first line not penetrates neighbour div anymore, but that part of the line does not display in genuine div as well . So, that part of line did not go in second line, but simply vanish, like it was cutted.
    Just to mention (maybe it is important) that I have no such problems when open my work in Opera, for example, but only in Chrome.
    Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, my english is not perfect.

Paulie_D

We need to see a link to your live site.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

From what you said, I believe there is a use of the :first-line pseudo-selector somewhere.

And since it has the highest specifity, you have 3 options :
    – you remove it (recommanded)
    – you add another :first-line declaration later in the CSS to override styles (not recommanded)
    – you add an element like a span in the first line and set it styles to override what’s wrong (really not recommanded)

Paulie_D

Actually, my guess is that the first line is a long link that won’t wrap.

Until we can see the live site it’s very hard to ascertain exactly is what happening. It could a plug in problem or a ‘view’ problem…anything.

natttan

Hi, thank you for quick comments. I don’t know how to show you live site, because I’ve been doing this on my localserver. But, is it possible there is a problem with adjustment code for different browsers? And if it is, does anyone know what should I add to make it ok?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.